EATING ANIMALS is a carefully researched, artfully told, funny, and personal exploration of what we eat and why, how what we eat affects our lives and the environment, and how every individual can make seemingly small choices that will enact big change. Like many people, the author Jonathan Safran Foer spent his teens and early adulthood oscillating between omnivore and vegetarian. As a dabbler, he had vaguely considered his personal relationship with animals, but as a father, he realized that this relationship would become more important than ever before. Could he explain to his son why it was okay to love animals in the children’s books they were reading and also okay to eat them? And how would he explain that it’s okay to eat a chicken or a fish but not George, the child’s beloved, troublemaking pet dog? Because industry conceals the unsettling truth about its operations and few reliable public resources are available, Foer — undecided but compelled by the responsibilities of fatherhood — set out to discover for himself exactly what meat is, how it gets to our tables, and how we define what’s acceptable to consume and what isn’t. Along the way, he made eye-opening visits to factory farms in the middle of the night, observed pig-slaughter operations, and also found quiet heroes in some remarkably mindful animal farmers. To find out more info and to pick up a copy of this compelling book Eating Animals head to www.eatinganimals.com right now.
- .@steveaoki + cake to the face = complete awesomeness >> on.mtv.com/11QcBdn 3 hours ago
- What, what, what, what… catch @macklemore & @RyanLewis’s encore #hangoutfest performance right now! on.mtv.com/17fISvs 4 hours ago
- .@BlocParty has hit the #hangoutfest stage! on.mtv.com/17fISvs 5 hours ago
- Check out some rad behind the scenes pics from #hangoutfest >> on.mtv.com/16BAl6z 6 hours ago
- Next up on the #hangoutfest stage: @Imaginedragons! hangout.mtv.com 8 hours ago