Nicki Minaj put a great big fabulous pink wig on 2010. She broke boundaries, molds and records. From moving 400,000 copies of her debut album Pink Friday its first week to topping Billboard’s Rap Chart to besting Jay-Z, Kanye and Rick Ross on “Monster,” she was a force to be reckoned with. Nicki also spoke out against sexist double standards, reassured her gay fans that “It Gets Better,” called for an end to homophobia in hip-hop and fought to end breast cancer. mtvU is proud to crown Nicki Minaj Woman of the Year.
- Beyonce Wore Fox Fur To Her Meatless Lunch, Is That Anti-Vegan? on.mtv.com/18ozjKy (via @MTVNews) 22 hours ago
- .@JPNSL Wins This Round Of The Freshmen “Hey Yah Hey” ▶ on.mtv.com/18oNb7p http://t.co/OMSknAG5F0 1 day ago
- .@steveaoki: The best cake is one off your friends face! #cakeface #cakeme #aokifybeijing #aokifyasia tmblr.co/ZL3bYx10QkCBj 1 day ago
- .@TheSwellers new video for “Got Social” – that party where everyone is having an awesome time but you. tmblr.co/ZL3bYx10MD02U 2 days ago
- For BFA students: Jerry Saltz on MFA Degrees “Too Expensive, and That’s Only the Start of the Problem” > vult.re/1bh5g8L via @vulture 2 days ago