Nicki Minaj put a great big fabulous pink wig on 2010. She broke boundaries, molds and records. From moving 400,000 copies of her debut album Pink Friday its first week to topping Billboard’s Rap Chart to besting Jay-Z, Kanye and Rick Ross on “Monster,” she was a force to be reckoned with. Nicki also spoke out against sexist double standards, reassured her gay fans that “It Gets Better,” called for an end to homophobia in hip-hop and fought to end breast cancer. mtvU is proud to crown Nicki Minaj Woman of the Year.
- Quiz: Should you really be bringing your significant other to Thanksgiving dinner? on.mtv.com/1xSkxrY 5 months ago
- You can now stream @Eminem‘s #ShadyXV album. Listen here: on.mtv.com/1y9hOch 5 months ago
- Don’t forget to vote! @alvvaysband, @gazelletwin, @MelanieLBBH, @RynWeaver or @SeinaboSey: bit.ly/1vFuzh4 5 months ago
- See which musical icon wants Ariana Grande to stop being sexy? on.mtv.com/1vJQB2h 5 months ago
- Think @Beyonce ran out of surprise releases? Think again: on.mtv.com/1HErZek 5 months ago