In 2010, Secretary of Defense Robert Gates established himself as a model public servant. The only Republican in President Obama’s cabinet, Secretary Gates was bigger than played out partisan politics, making bold, reasoned choices to address gender bias, fiscal restraint, reinventing the military for the 21st century and overturning “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell.” He inherited two wars that have deeply divided college students nationwide, but Secretary Gates and the college audience have always been in lock step on a critical principal: doing what’s best for our troops and a new generation of veterans. mtvU salutes Secretary Gates for being a beacon of reason in a sea of polarizing soundbytes.
- Peep @djafrojack‘s #MTVSpringBreak performance of “Do Or Die” bit.ly/1fKYZ4b 5 months ago
- .@QuinnMarcus & @Kid_Ink become BFFs down at #MTVSpringBreak : bit.ly/1iXgKB8 5 months ago
- .@Kid_Ink performed his hit song “Main Chick” at #SpringBreak & killed it! Check it out: bit.ly/1rZiQoX 5 months ago
- .@djafrojack takes our #PopQuiz, & tells us the essentials for #SpringBreak: bit.ly/1fKYZ4b http://t.co/7hC3NlNV55 5 months ago
- Awesome #MTVSpringBreak performance by @Kid_Ink! Watch “Main Chick” now: on.mtv.com/1rZJ76r 5 months ago