When we recently premiered the popular new Shiny Toy Guns video for “Somewhere To Hide” I mentioned noticing the bands clear efforts to craft a deep tone that relied less on guitars and more on textured layers of synths, pulsing drums and vocalist Carah Faye’s ‘electric howl.’ Well, what happens when you strip that sound down and go acoustic? Faye’s voice somehow becomes even clearer and more dominating as it pulls the music gracefully along behind it throughout the song. See for yourself in the clip below from the At: Guitar Center podcast series.
- New video from @TheSwellers for ‘Got Social’ ▶ on.mtv.com/18gEEn3 http://t.co/fPo2H8Iq6x 3 hours ago
- Your new morning juice from @CoastgaardBK‘s new “Oval Lawn” video ▶ youtu.be/A2EWs2jkwu0 4 hours ago
- Thanks to @KTRM_FM for this week’s College Radio Countdown ▶ on.mtv.com/1cRIwuG http://t.co/LFBP24auWr 1 day ago
- Hilarious new video from BOYTOY for “Visits” ft. @MrHoratioSanz ▶ ow.ly/rp4NA 1 day ago
- #RebelMusicDoc tonight at 9/8c: How young musicians are confronting Tijuana’s fierce drug war >> rebelmusic.com/mexico 2 days ago