When we recently premiered the popular new Shiny Toy Guns video for “Somewhere To Hide” I mentioned noticing the bands clear efforts to craft a deep tone that relied less on guitars and more on textured layers of synths, pulsing drums and vocalist Carah Faye’s ‘electric howl.’ Well, what happens when you strip that sound down and go acoustic? Faye’s voice somehow becomes even clearer and more dominating as it pulls the music gracefully along behind it throughout the song. See for yourself in the clip below from the At: Guitar Center podcast series.
- Quiz: Should you really be bringing your significant other to Thanksgiving dinner? on.mtv.com/1xSkxrY 1 year ago
- You can now stream @Eminem‘s #ShadyXV album. Listen here: on.mtv.com/1y9hOch 1 year ago
- Don’t forget to vote! @alvvaysband, @gazelletwin, @MelanieLBBH, @RynWeaver or @SeinaboSey: bit.ly/1vFuzh4 1 year ago
- See which musical icon wants Ariana Grande to stop being sexy? on.mtv.com/1vJQB2h 1 year ago
- Think @Beyonce ran out of surprise releases? Think again: on.mtv.com/1HErZek 1 year ago