When we recently premiered the popular new Shiny Toy Guns video for “Somewhere To Hide” I mentioned noticing the bands clear efforts to craft a deep tone that relied less on guitars and more on textured layers of synths, pulsing drums and vocalist Carah Faye’s ‘electric howl.’ Well, what happens when you strip that sound down and go acoustic? Faye’s voice somehow becomes even clearer and more dominating as it pulls the music gracefully along behind it throughout the song. See for yourself in the clip below from the At: Guitar Center podcast series.
- Peep @djafrojack‘s #MTVSpringBreak performance of “Do Or Die” bit.ly/1fKYZ4b 8 months ago
- .@QuinnMarcus & @Kid_Ink become BFFs down at #MTVSpringBreak : bit.ly/1iXgKB8 8 months ago
- .@Kid_Ink performed his hit song “Main Chick” at #SpringBreak & killed it! Check it out: bit.ly/1rZiQoX 8 months ago
- .@djafrojack takes our #PopQuiz, & tells us the essentials for #SpringBreak: bit.ly/1fKYZ4b http://t.co/7hC3NlNV55 8 months ago
- Awesome #MTVSpringBreak performance by @Kid_Ink! Watch “Main Chick” now: on.mtv.com/1rZJ76r 8 months ago