When we recently premiered the popular new Shiny Toy Guns video for “Somewhere To Hide” I mentioned noticing the bands clear efforts to craft a deep tone that relied less on guitars and more on textured layers of synths, pulsing drums and vocalist Carah Faye’s ‘electric howl.’ Well, what happens when you strip that sound down and go acoustic? Faye’s voice somehow becomes even clearer and more dominating as it pulls the music gracefully along behind it throughout the song. See for yourself in the clip below from the At: Guitar Center podcast series.
- T.I. And Danny Brown going to be on Rapfix Live streaming now >> on.mtv.com/1dnn1lx 4 hours ago
- New From @FLYestintheeERA ‘Still The Motto’ ▶ on.mtv.com/1djYaza 1 day ago
- Israel & Palestine like you’ve never seen them on #RebelMusicDoc tonight at 9/8c > rebelmusic.com 2 days ago
- You pick the video that gets on air: @WeAstronauts @kntrlr @iamlajune @samsaya or @sydarthurband ▶ on.mtv.com/1dhZYIT 2 days ago
- Premiere: “Old School Love” with @LupeFiasco + @edsheeran ▶ on.mtv.com/1dgRm56 http://t.co/we5CQX4Avc 3 days ago