1. Over the winter Adrian came to NYC and we got to interview some of our fave up-and-comers, Yes Giantess. (Formerly just Giantess but I am kind of digging the new name.) They debuted their new single “Demons” on MySpace and it’s just another example of why I love this group. It’s fizzy and fun and synth-pop done right in the days where everyone and their mom is giving it a whirl. Well done boys! Come back to NYC soon, k?
2. Um, I dunno if you all were aware but the Rangers WON ON WEDNESDAY. Being a huge Rangers fan this not only fantastic because Lundqvist SHUT DOWN Ovechkin, but now I get to trash talk Zack all I want until the game on Saturday! IN YOUR FACE FRIENDLY.
3. So everyone has been talking about this but SUSAN BOYLE. Look. Someone had to mention it and so I will. Adam Markovitz got a little cheeky over at EW claiming she is not all that great. Apparently Adam also has a heart made of stone, but whatev. I think Susan is so incredibly touching because you know all those Brits were just LOOKING for a reason to send her off the stage utterly humiliated. SO HA. She’s adorable and talented and I am not even embarrassed to say I teared up when I watched that YouTube video. (Ok well, a little embarrassed.)
1. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles In Time. Just started replaying this SNES classic with a friend today. One of the all time best games in my opinion. The Technodrome level where you have to throw foot soldiers at Shredder is the funnest thing ever. Also, Big Apple, 3 A.M.
2. You know Stephen Colbert‘s “Better Know A District” Series. My district was on this week! Illinois’ fighting 18th. I loved the jabs at my hometown Peoria and the super-awkward interview with congressman, Aaron Schock (who I’ve actually met a couple of times).
3. I realized I’ve yet to talk about Cymbals Eat Guitars on here, which I’ve been spinning all year and is probably my favorite debut album of the year, so I feel obligated to give it a mention. Here’s an excerpt of the review on my blog: “The band’s sound is hugely ambitious, explosively energetic force of nature that is clearly influenced by a multitude of 90’s indie rock classics from Pavement to Built to Spill to Modest Mouse while still achieving something that is forward-looking and unpredictable.”
1. Listened to mewithoutYou‘s upcoming album, It’s All Crazy! It’s All False! It’s All a Dream! It’s Alright, a few times this week. It’s different — a lot more stripped down than what they’ve released before. Not as immediately impressed as with their last releases, but it’s slowly growing on me. Plus they’ve never done wrong so I’m not too worried.
2. I have loved the media coverage of the Tea (bagging) Parties this week, especially this little number MSNBC did on Wednesday. Informative and chock full of inappropriate innuendo.
3. Mars Volta. Octahedron. June 23. Awesome.
1. My Washington Capitals are the #2 seed in the Eastern Conference Playoffs this year, and are matched up our arch-nemeses (and Lindsay’s favorite) New York Rangers. Let’s not talk about Game 1, but rather about how awesome Ovechkin is. Can Henrik Lundquist make a commerical this awesome? I think not. [Ed.'s note: Lindsay begs to differ.]
2. Passion Pit and Harlem Shakes touring together? I think I need a fresh pair of underpanties.