1. Tell us about your craziest touring experience?
A boy racer car crash.
2. What type of college class would you’d most want to take and why?
I used to do painting at Glasgow School Of Art so I guess I would like to go back and finish that one day.
3. What city in America is the most fun to visit and why?
LA.The mixture of weird desperate, sad, delusional people with the sunshine and bizzarrrrrrre self awareness makes for an interesting cocktail of stories. I’ve made a lot of good friends in that city and it sometimes has a second home vibe to it.
4. What’s some of the best advice you were ever given?
It was from a man called Craig B who was in a band called “aerogramme”. He said something (in the context of being in a band) along the lines of… Take every opportunity that’s offered to you and make it work for you. You’ll only live to regret it when you look back on how precious you were over something that should be fun.
5. What’s in heavy rotation in your MP3/CD player right now?
I left my I pod in a hotel in Eugene Oregon so nothing. But I still have my I tunes so I guess… A mix of Pearl Jam live albums, The Doors‘ Morrison Hotel and a cd called hits from the 60s.
6. The last good book you read or TV show you’re addicted to?
A book called Everyman’s Poetry by William Blake.
7. What’s the first concert you ever saw – how was it?
It was The Four Tops. In a public square in Spain. With my grandparents. It was a blur… I was really young.
8. What are three items you can’t live without on tour?
Water. Rowntrees’ Fruit Gums. Guitars.
9. Who are your major musical influences?
Bruce Springsteen, Kurt Cobain and Eddie Vedder.
Any random messages or tips you’d like to give to mtvU watchers?
Don’t be a d**k.