June Divided on Moon Bouncing 101, Nashville and more…
1. Tell us about your craziest touring experience?
On our way back from Austin for SXSW, we pulled over in VA to let our manager take a pee. He went into the woods on the side of the major highway we were on. While he was doing his business, Keith thought it
would be funny to drive the car about 30 yards up the road. Our manager came back out of the woods and started chasing after us… only to be caught by a police officer. Heh.
2. What type of college class would you’d most want to take and why?
Well we studied Music Industry in college, so we actually did take pretty cool classes. But if we could do it again, Moon Bouncing 101 probably would peak our interests.
3. What city in America is the most fun to visit and why?
Pittsburgh. Ok maybe I’m biased because it’s my hometown, but it’s awesome. Nashville was cool too, wish we spent more time there.
4. What’s some of the best advice you were ever given?
Never tell anyone the truth during an interview…
5. What’s in heavy rotation in your MP3/CD player right now?
Thrice, Beggars. The new Fleet Foxes, Person L, Initial.
6. The last good book you read or TV show you’re addicted to?
Walking Dead- now we’re more than ready for a Zombie Apocalypse.
7. What’s the first concert you ever saw – how was it?
Warped Tour 1999. It was awesome and made me fall in love with live music. The atmosphere was incredible, such palpable energy, and I discovered a ton of new music that I otherwise would have never heard. I only wanted to see two bands there – Pennywise (which I did) and Blink 182 (which I missed because my lame friend wanted to leave to go surfing… he’s never been forgiven).
8. What are three items you can’t live without on tour?
Do my bandmates count? There’s three of them.
9. Who are your major musical influences?
Everyone from Manchester Orchestra to Jimmy Eat World to Mute Math to Anberlin and Yellow Card.
Any random messages or tips you’d like to give to mtvU watchers?
Always give new music a fair listen- you never know what you might find 🙂