We got to ask Breaking Woodie nominee and Cloud Nothings head honcho Dylan Baldi (the bro all the way on the right in the above pic) a few questions and got confirmation of what we already suspected. He is an awesome nerd who wants to build his own equipment and counts Steve Wozniak as a fan.
1. Tell us about your craziest touring experience?
Steve Wozniak has been to two of our shows. I’m not sure if that’s really an experience, or even that crazy, but I think it’s definitely the most important thing that has happened in my life so far.
2. What type of college class would you’d most want to take and why?
Probably an electronics course of some kind. I’ve been trying to build my own gear for a minute but it would be nice to have some pointers from experienced people every once and awhile.
3. What city in America is the most fun to visit and why?
I really like Atlanta, Georgia and Portland, Oregon. They’ve got some of the best record stores I’ve ever been to, which is pretty much the only factor I think about when determining the quality of a city.
4. What’s some of the best advice you were ever given?
“Ape shall not kill ape.”
5. What’s in heavy rotation in your MP3/CD player right now?
Dead Moon – “Unknown Passages”
Happy Refugees – “Last Chance Saloon”
Bill Evans + Jim Hall – “Intermodulation”
6. The last good book you read or TV show you’re addicted to?
I just finished reading Swamplandia, which I thought was pretty good. The last great book was probably Middlemarch.
7. What’s the first concert you ever saw – how was it?
My first concert isn’t as interesting as our drummer’s first concert, which I believe was ZZ Top and Lynyrd Skynyrd. Word on the street is that Skynyrd killed it.
8. What are three items you can’t live without on tour?
Something to read, crossword puzzles, and Butterfingers.
9. Who are your major musical influences?
Wipers, Television, Husker Du, The Replacements.